The current structure was assembled by moving the Methodist and Baptist Churches to this location in 1903 after a lighting strike burned down the original building in 1901. As a result the church combines Greek Revival and Italianate styles.
The original building, the Meeting House, was built on this site in 1791.
Mack General Store
Old Store Residence (Edmund P. Morgan House), 166 Skyline Trail, (ca. 1832)
Built next to the Mack General Store (ca. 1804). They bear a striking resemblance to each other in the Greek Revival style. Later it became the residence of the Olds family who ran the General Store.
Old Town Hall, 169 Skyline Trail, (ca. 1901)
The lightning strike that burned down the Meeting House also burned down the original Town Hall which
stood beside it. Rebuilt in 1901 this building is an example of the Queen Anne style. It now houses the Senior Center and Middlefield Museum.
Roberts House, 187 Skyline Trail (ca. 1915)
This large house across from Town Hall was built in the Colonial Revival style with both French and Dutch influences. It is the last house in the designated Middlefield Center.